Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Today Is The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Today is the first day of the rest of my life. This blog started with an idea. I was talking to my wife and that I had a pipe dream of writing about sports and sharing my ideas with the world and I was encouraged to start writing. I live in Nipomo, California with my beautiful wife Heather and our awesome five-week old son Zeplen. Now, on with the show.

Tonight, is game 6 of the World Series between the Red Sox and the Cardinals. The Red Sox have the 3 games to 2 lead and have the opportunity to put away the Cardinals. As a lifelong Brewers fan, i'm rooting against St. Louis as they've always seemed to have the upper hand on my favorite team. This especially holds true since  they put an end to the 2011 season which was the best Brewers team of my lifetime (as I was born about seven months after their 1982 world series appearance.

Even though I want the Cardinals to lose tonight's game to the Red Sox does not mean I think it will happen. While Red Sox starter John Lackey has had a nice bounce back from the disaster of the 2011 season, the chicken and beer in the clubhouse scandal and missing all of last year and in addition has been a productive pitcher in the playoffs, the way this series has gone it just has the feel of a 7-game series.

In addition, the Red Sox have to go up against Michael Wacha. To say that he has been unstoppable is an understatement, this kid has been straight up unhittable.

On September 24 (I can only recall this date because it was two days after Zeplen was born), he comes one out away from no-hitting the Nationals, the next thing the world knows he's making the starting line up of whatever team hes playing against look like a bunch of replacement-level players.

As much as I would like the Red Sox to completely dominate tonight, I just don't see it happening.

Prediction: Cardinals 3, Red Sox 1

Predicted POTG: Michael Wacha

No comments:

Post a Comment